1.10.2011

Day 8

That's right! First weigh in day! I am super psyched to announce that after exactly one week of dieting I have lost 11 POUNDS!!!
No joke.
Woo-hoo!!!

And to celebrate this grand news, I went to the gym with Shelayna and did the circuit again.
Before any haters or genuinely concerned folk start questioning how healthy this is, let me just state a few things. I have been eating a bare minimum of 1,200 calories a day, and that was yesterday when I didn't exercise. The rest of the days I easily put in 1,500 calories, and I have the food diary log to prove it. I also put in very close to an hour of exercise 6 of the last 7 days. That being said, I'm still surprised that I had results like that so quickly. I fully expect to get to the point soon where 11 pounds in a month will be a great month. So why did I drop all this weight so quickly? The simple answer is to look at how badly I was treating my body before. I wasn't eating right. Not only was I eating too many calories, but it was a lot of the wrong stuff. I've now switched to a high fiber, vitamin rich diet. I also did not get in a lot of exercise. That has obviously changed in a big way. So making all of these changes so quickly is like going from 0-60 really fast. My body is getting used to being treated so well. The honeymoon won't last.
However, knowing all of that doesn't make me any less happy right now. This is more than I could have hoped for.

- 11 pounds side view
- 11 Pounds
But apparently I'm still adjusting to gravity -11 pounds because I almost ate the floor on the steps at the gym today. And when we were warming up on the bikes, my feet inexplicably decided to free themselves of the peddles and just stop. After she stopped laughing Shelayna intelligently noted, "It's a good thing that's not a real bike." Too true. I would have been picking asphalt out of my knees for a week. So, no triathlon in my near future.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome job Steph! What an inspiration. Keep it up! What gym are you going to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph, you are awesome and I am loving your blog! You are keeping me motivated to stick to a healthier life as well. I am cheering you on super loud from here! Love ya tons!! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHH Steph i am so happy for you :0
    That is something tough to do girl, but you are freaking rockin it! Dang girl! I want to see a picture in Albania! Good luck girl, you are an amazing girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHAHAHAHAHAHA Remember when you told me to use Jazz hands with my kicks?! Oh Steph you slay me! And you telling the old ladies that you biffed it on the steps! Classic! Cant wait to see what happens tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all!!
    Sarah, it's so great to hear from you! I run into your mom all the time at Adams. I sure do miss you and hope you are doing really well. I've been going to Planet Fitness.
    Clare, Thank you!!! YOU are going to rock Albania, Sister Temptation ;) But I'll be sure and send you pics when there are more visible results.

    ReplyDelete