1.27.2011

Day 25

Calories burned at gym today: 747

Happy Thursday, world!!! I really, truly feel fantastic today! I'm enjoying all the little things today to a ridiculous extent.
I love the colors of this fake plant that has been in that corner so long that I forgot it existed.

I think the last time I did multiple colors of nail polish at the same time, I was in high school. It makes me smile now.

Look at the natural light coming through my bathroom window. It's so beautiful and soothing.

I smiled when I put these on. They're so soft and fuzzy and warm. Made of awesome.

GREEN grass. At the end of January. Right in my own backyard.

Yet there's still snow that I can crunch through!
 What happy, little things are blending into your surroundings?

There's an eeky guy who's always at the gym. Always. He's a middle aged dude who grunts a lot while he's working out and wears a little tank top that he quickly soaks in sweat, and then does not wipe off any of the machines after he uses them. He also seems to enjoy the 30 minute circuit. Today Shelayna and I were running late (Yes, again. BUT we stayed later today!) and he managed to beat us to the circuit. So, after warming up on the bikes and doing the ab machines, we decided to switch things up a bit and do some work sans machines. We started out with ab work on the mats. I remembered one move that I did all the time when I lost weight as a teen. I remembered that it had a huge effect on my abs. I showed it to Shelayna and we did it for about a minute before I commented that I felt as though I looked something like this:


This workout quickly broke down in laughter. We then had a contest to see who could hold a plank position for longer. I lost (this time). We then did lunges, which made our regular trip to the thigh and butt weights machines a bit more intense than normal. Then Shelayna spied the medicine balls lying around and suggested we toss them back and forth. We thought it would be a good idea to squat when you throw and then squat when you catch. However, we could not coordinate hat between us to save our lives. I then started singing the Oompa Loompa song every time I'd squat down and come back up. This workout also ended in laughter. We then wrapped things up with a couple more weight machines and then 20 minutes on the treadmill.

I then came home, took a shower and noticed how beautiful the light coming in through the blinds in my bathroom is. I sang into my make up brush. Then I had a thought. This thought led me to dig out a pair of my old pants and try them on.

And then.... I buttoned and zipped them up!!! So I tried another pair, and they worked, too. So I tried on two more. There weren't any that I could not zip and button! Now, they are all still varying degrees of "snug", so it will still be a couple weeks before they make their public re-appearance, but the point is that I couldn't get close to making those fit before. This is progress. Dieting and working out is ridiculously easier when you're seeing results.

Are the drapes and blinds open at your place today? If not, get on it! It is such a gorgeous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment