1.23.2011

Day 21

It looks like there's a 5K for Health Days in Smithfield in the middle of May. I haven't talked to the running partner yet, but I think that might be the one we shoot for.

I was thinking today about fruit that I do and don't like. I love strawberries, watermelon, raspberries, and certain kinds of apples, like Fiji.
Another perfectly good bowl of fruit, ruined 
I hate blueberries, red delicious or green apples, honeydew, and cantaloupe. 

Blueberries may seem like an odd fruit to feel strongly against, but I do. It's because, no matter how much you wash and scrub them, they still look and taste dirty to me. I'm not sure how else to explain it. They're like eating little dirt clods to me.



I've been told before that I'm not generally perceived as a very "fat" person, and that part of this may be because I "don't walk like one." Now for the irony. I realized that in order to keep my loose pants up, I have to spread my legs a little more apart as I walk, thus doing more of a "fat" person walk. I really can't wait to wear clothes that fit again.

It was another cold, winter day today. However, sitting inside on the couch, staring at the lazy clouds floating by in a perfect blue sky through the window, I couldn't help but smile and go into summer mode for a little while.

Sometimes I wish I lived somewhere without winter. But, not really. Because winter has it's purpose. Mainly it's to help us fully appreciate summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment