1.04.2011

Day 2

HELLO!!!
That's right world, it is 9:17 at night as I type this and I still have energy! And I only got a little cranky once today! And I feel that was somewhat justifiable because I could quite literally feel my stomach eating itself after I got off of work and then walked through a kitchen still filled with a holiday sugar extravaganza, only to not be able to immediately locate something that I could eat in the fridge. I may have growled at one person, but I intend to apologize.
But, friends, seriously, today was a beautiful day. I spent the majority of yesterday in a foul mood, with a headache, irritability, and a constant growling in my midsection. And I am not referring to my kidneys. I was hungry. But last night after I officially submitted all my information for the day into the program, it suggested that I eat a much better breakfast the next day. So this morning, after heavily researching a way that I could have me some friggin' scrambled eggs (because, dangit, I wanted some, but they are so not kind to a healthy diet), I made scrambled egg whites with some salsa mixed in and had that on whole grain toast and had an apple. Then I poured myself one cup of 2% milk (because it's what I have). I looked at the depressingly small amount in the cup and then I did something that I'm not proud of, and I was not planning on owning up to, but I just have got to tell someone. I turned on the faucet and I watered down my milk. No joke. And, ya know what? It didn't taste too bad at all! Really, it was just reminiscent of skim. So guess what, Imma do it again! But, back to the real point of this. I wasn't hungry after I ate breakfast. Not for several hours. And I was happy. And I had plenty, nay, an excess even of energy! I did my weight lifting work-out no problem. Okay, well there was one kind of problem, but it was not with me. It was with the tv in my parents' weight room. It only has very basic cable. Now, come prime time at night, whatev, no problem, I'll deal. But when you get around to working out at 12:30... dang. So I ended up just heaving the remote back to it's spot in resignation with the tv on one of those tv judge shows. And then afterwards a show came on called Divorce Court, which is basically the same thing only with couples getting divorced. This is the height of trash tv. However, it wasn't long before I was actually getting into it. Anyone walking past the house this afternoon could easily hear an obviously incensed woman screaming, "Oh no he did NOT!!! Dude did not just offer to buy her fakies and then divorce her for 'lookin like a prostitute!' Fool, you best start runnin' before I hunt you DOWN!!!" (NOTE: I've added a video, but unfortunately I couldn't find the one that I was watching today. This one is pretty epic, though.)

Eh-hem.
Needless to say, there was some Emmy worthy drama occurring both on the television, and in the weight room.
Alright, so I had some friends ask me about what my diet actually is, and, fyi, I will address them, but I'm worried this post might be approaching "Too long, didn't read" status. But stay tuned. I'll post more tomorrow.
Also, this post is dedicated to Kayla: My first official blog fan. She told me in person today. She's legit.

3 comments:

  1. This is inspiring- can I just say that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie, you are hilarious! And AWESOME! Vikki and i recommend putting turkey bacon or deli sliced ham in with egg-whites. It makes them taste well...less like egg-whites. It's something our diet recommended.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kelsey! Well, that is, if you're referring to my weight loss goal. If you're referring to the video, then I have to completely agree ;)
    I'm going to have to try that, Kelley! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete