1.12.2011

Day 10

Day 10! Double digits!

So, as mentioned previously, I recorded music videos of the kids in my club at work today and we had rock star dress up day. It was AWESOME! The kids seemed to have a blast and I had an epic time, too. But, I don't go half in on anything. So of course I went all in to dress up. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that I'd forgotten to get a picture of me decked out in all my glory until I was hurriedly trying to change in the women's room before I had to meet with parents. So I quickly took this picture. But by this point I had changed out of my epic t-shirt and into my work shirt. Also my hair had de-poofed considerably from it's full on earlier craziness. So here's a pic of the tee, and you'll just have to use your imagination. I also inked myself, in a temporary way. And I really like it, but the problem is that it looks pretty legit, without the camera flash giving it away, and to the untrained eye of a child rebel. So after I applied it I spent most of the time with my sleeve covering it. But I knew it was there. And I felt hardcore, in a poser kinda way.


I get to dress up again for the same club with a different age group in two weeks and I'll try to remember to get better pictures of that, because *spoiler alert* there will be strips of pink hair involved. Oh yes.

Alright, so I've got three food items I want to honor with the Steph Non-Pukey-Diet-Food Award today (Name subject to change at my whim, or when I come up with something more catchy).

Check out the stats in red on the lower right (Click to huge-ify)
 The first is Egg Beaters. I know, those of you who seriously follow my blog are whining, "But you've already mentioned them before, you mindless dolt." And you would be correct, rude stalker. But, have you tried them?! I mean, for serious. Also, when you compare their nutritional info side by side with real eggs, it's no contest. I'm a big fan.





The second thing is Apple butter. It has less sugar, carbs, and calories than any normal jam or jelly I've found, and I'm yet to try a sugar free spread that tastes near as good. It's usually not too hard to find. At least try it. I recommend spreading it on toast with a sprinkle of cinnamon on top. You're welcome in advance.


But wait! Toast, you say? On a diet??? Indeed, overly shocked individual! There is now diet bread! Now, have you ever been to one of those presentations where they have the little plastic food models to show you how big a serving size of something is and you see the bread and turn to the person next to you and laugh because neither of you have seen a slice of bread that small outside of Barbie's dream house? I have finally found bread in the correct portion size. It's called Delightlful and it's by Sara Lee. I was a mega skeptic at first, but it won me over pretty fast. 45 calories per a slice!!! Have you looked at your bread? Go ahead and check yours' stats now and then shamefully push it to the back of the cupboard, behind the multi vitamins and tylenol, to think about how naughty it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment