1.06.2011

Day 4

I just got back from a ward activity with a cookie buffet. I didn't eat a single one. I have to admit, it feels really empowering to not give in, to be the only person in a crowded room not eating a handful of cookies. It's not a feeling I'm very used to. I also found a solution to the dilemma of making cookies for the activity: I just made some that didn't tempt me. I made shortbread cookies, which I like when I just happen upon them, but when I make them and actually put all of the butter in, it's not nearly as tempting. I accidentally put a tad too much salt in them, but I tried one more bite with jam and it tasted much better. So I served them with jam that they could spread on. Unfortunately, I guess that they didn't tempt anyone else, because there weren't too many missing at the end of the night, but I'm not at all offended. I mean, really, that was unfortunately kind of the point. But they had a bazillion other cookies to choose from, so it was no tragedy.
I have to tell ya, I wasn't really feeling the idea of working out today, but I still did! I just did a bit shorter than normal.  It was the video with the hipless lady again. It has 5 ten minute segments. Normally I do all of them, but today I just did three. I think my body was still recovering from the last couple of days, and I didn't want to over-do it.
That's one of my biggest concerns. I don't want to burn out really quick here. I'm serious about seeing this out all the way through. And then, when I'm at my goal weight, I really want to maintain that weight, and the health that goes with it.
I made up a recipe for a chicken salad lettuce wrap. It turned out really well, if I do say so myself. If any of you are interested, here's about what I put in it:
1 - 13oz can of chicken - drained
1/2 - cup canned corn
1 - stalk of celery - chopped
1/4 Cup - Onion - chopped
Abt 4 Tbls -  Light Miracle Whip
A few dashes of Accent seasoning, or seasoning of your choice

Mix it all together in a bowl. Put a few forkfuls on a washed romaine lettuce leaf and roll leaf around chicken mixture like a burrito. Half of the chicken mixture in wraps is only 306 calories and is filled with Vitamin A and Protein. It is a little sketchy on the cholesterol, but if you just keep that in mind when choosing the rest of your meals for the day, you're good to go.

1 comment:

  1. GO Steph! I'm rooting for you! I have to admit,I wish I had your drive. I tried To work out with Jeff the other day. I lasted 20 minutes, and my abs still hurt two days later. :( You Rock!

    ReplyDelete