1.28.2011

Day 26

Calories burned at the gym today: 482

A bit over a week ago, Shelayna and I measured our waists. I think by that point I'd already lost at least an inch. Today, we started our first official measure day. We should be doing this every Friday. We measured waist, chest, hips, butt, and a thigh, however the only one I could reference to last time was my waist. It was 2 inches smaller than the last time I measured, 9 days ago. I put it in on my online food thing. I'm pretty stoked about this.

Today, Shelayna was having a struggle day. We were on the machines that we've affectionately titled "H***'s Gazelles"  because of the super strange way they move and how very effective they are. I'm not sure how to describe them, so I'll have to include a video sometime. They're like the psychotic love child of an elliptical and a stair-master.

So we were on these warped beasts when this happened:
Shelayna: "What is the purpose of these machines? I'm pretty sure it's just to make us look stupid."
Stephanie: "Well, they kind of mimic the motion of walking up the stairs."
Shelayna: "What, do you walk up the stairs like...... Who's that one guy who walks through the forest?"
Steph: "Huh?"
Shel: "You know, in movies he's always walking through the forest and then turning his head..."
Steph:  Confused stare

This goes in circles, until 3 minutes later...

Shel: " He's the guy who walks through the forest! He's mythical!"

That finally triggered the right answer in my head. She was thinking of this guy:


After that we went and worked on our abs.


Hot picture, eh? Shelayna said it makes me look skinny.
She took this one next. I think it works to prove I'm still not skinny.


Right after these were taken, I walked over to get the disinfectant and found Shelayna standing next to a small lake on the gym floor. I tried to tell her that there is a restroom around the corner, and if that's too far there's no shame in wearing Depends to the gym. She explained that someone had loosened the cap on the bottle, so it fell off when she picked it up, thus, the lake. Suddenly, I had a flash back to the last time I went to wipe down a machine. I had noticed that the cap was loose but had not bothered to tighten it. Immediately overcome by guilt I dropped down and helped her wipe up the suds.

This chart is pretty cool. I like how it shows that weight isn't the only factor in determining how you look. Very interesting to look through.

No comments:

Post a Comment