3.26.2011

Day 82

This quick post is going to count for yesterday. There should be a much more exciting post tonight after I return from my journey to the Festival of Colors, which I anticipate will be epic.

I realized it's been awhile since I've posted a recipe, so I'm going to share one that I made up. It's very adaptable for personal tastes, I just used what I had available from my fridge. 

I call this:
Steph's I-Want-Pizza-But-I'm-On-A-Diet Pizza


Cooking Spray
1 Fat Free Whole Wheat Tortilla
1/2 Cup Spaghetti/ Marinara Sauce
1/4 Cup Cheese
1 Vegan Veggie Burger (Or whatever other low-calorie toppings you would like to use)
If using veggie burger, start by spraying a pan and the cooking the burger on medium heat until it is done.



Remove burger from pan. Spray pan again and put tortilla into pan. Use spatula to make sure tortilla lie flat in pan. Leave tortilla for about one or two minutes while you cut up the burger and cheese into small pieces. You want the cooked side of the tortilla to be crispy, but not black. Flip the tortilla when it is ready.



Turn heat down to low. Spread sauce on top of tortilla. Add cheese and burger, or whatever toppings you'd like. Fresh veggies are awesome on this. When cheese is melted, then slide pizza off pan and onto a plate. Use pizza cutter or, if you're feeling relatively ambitious and coordinated, a knife to cut pizza into slices.


Chow down and then drop me a line to let me know how you feel about this one! It only packs a little over 300 calories, even less if you substitute out the burger for veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment