3.20.2011

Day 76

For starters, I need to let it be known that I am not now, nor do I ever plan on becoming, a Justin Bieber fan.

The movie was definitely not as awful as it had the potential to be. It was actually interesting at parts, and made the kid with the hair into a real person for me. I ended up feeling kind of sad for him, to tell the truth. It seems pretty obvious that he's still just a young kid who has a whole lot of pressure on his shoulders right now. I was surprised by how talented he is. I actually enjoyed some of the stuff with just him and a guitar. He's just been over-processed for the radio. Then there are the couple million tons of insane fans who send his girlfriend death threats. And scream. A lot. I went with my co-workers Natalie and Kayla. I'm fairly certain we are all in agreement that the absolute best part of that movie was when they did a full screen super slow motion shot of him doing his little hair flip thing. I was literally doubled over in my seat laughing. 

Immediately following that piece of cinema gold, we decided that we should go see True Grit since we'd heard it is a good movie and it was also playing in the 3 dollar theater. It really is a great movie and I thoroughly enjoyed it. However, the transition from from this:





to this:



was a bit rough, at times.

I still had the soundtrack from the first movie in my head and I was in an extremely light hearted mood from both the intentional and unintentional humor of it. My internal monologue as I watched True Grit went something like this:

"And I was like baby, baby, baby, ooooh! Like baby, baby, baby, noooo! Baby, baby, baby, oooOOOOH SWEET MERCY THAT GUN WAS LOUD! Wait! Where did that man's face go?! Are those bloody fingers on the table supposed to be attached to that other man's hand? That ain't right."

Yes, True Grit was pretty violent. Having seen the original John Wayne version, I was expecting this one to come up short. This was really a quality re-make, though. I was interested right up until the end credits because there was an amazing story to watch.

I was wondering when the Justin Bieber movie would end before it was half over.

I decided to chalk up my experience with Bieber Fever to job-related research. I will be able to become involved in conversations with the elementary girls that I work with. Just don't expect me to be jamming out to him during my work-outs anytime in the near or distant future.

So, to review:

If you are looking for brilliant acting, a fantastic storyline, and a whole lot of action, this is the way to go.
http://www.solidsmack.com/design-process/the-grit-the-gun-and-the-4-stages-of-product-design-retribution-inddes/


If you're looking for a mildly interesting movie with an abundance of humor that you will only ever want to see once, then I have got just the film for you!

http://celebgossip.us/?p=26655
If you are looking for one of the most entertaining nights you will ever have, then grab a couple friends and see both of them in the theater on the same night.

No comments:

Post a Comment