3.03.2011

Day 60

Calories burned at the gym today: 442

Today I accomplished a goal that Shelayna and I set when we first started going to the gym. It took two months, but today as I walked into the gym, the front desk lady smiled, called me by name, and told me that she'd already put my number in.

She's memorized my 5-digit membership number.


Shelayna and I couldn't make it to the gym together today, but we just had a conversation on the phone that went something like this:

Me: The lady at the gym remembered my number without me saying it today and said hello to me by name!
Shelayna: Oh no! Does this mean that we have to change gyms now?
Me: I don't think so. I mean, I was actually pretty excited about it...
Shel: They know your name. They know who you are now!
Me: Yeah, we're regulars! Woo-hoo!
Shel: Okay, but as soon as they get my name, we're out of there.

I still don't understand why this is bad. Apparently, Shelayna is just up to some shifty business at the gym whenever I'm not looking. Filling both pockets with tootsie-rolls from the bucket up front. Making rude gestures at the little old ladies on the treadmills. Wiping a little extra sweat on the weight machines before she gets up and then not going back to wipe it off. Winking at the plethora of elderly men. Spending a solid hour on the most popular ab machine. Telling all the weight pumping young guys that their biceps look "cute" and the way they curl their arms is "just plain adorable".

I run with a rebel.

This is a face that would mock your granny while she
power walks and crush your boyfriend's masculinity.
I'm going to be straight with ya'll. I had some plans for a post tonight. Now that I sit down to type, I am tired. So, if I decide to be a loser tomorrow and not go out, you might get one big ol' post or two posts. We'll see, friends. We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Women Betta watch your back when your man goes to the gym! :)

    ReplyDelete