3.15.2011

Day 72 - Bonus Post

First of all, thank you to all of you wonderful people who messaged, posted, and texted me after my first post today. You all made my day seriously better. I'm reminded just how blessed I am to have so many people supporting me and cheering me on through this whole thing.

Now I'm going to talk about some reasons that I have to be happy.

Steph's List-O-Joy

1) One of my closest friends in high school was a girl named Lauren. She has been faithfully serving the Lord on a mission for almost 18 months now. That's right. She's going to be coming home within the next several weeks. She is best known in my high school group for exclaiming, "Holy pants!", having hilarious blond moments, and for being a completely genuine friend. She is also capable of making the most epic faces ever. 


2) After years of effort, my hair is now long, healthy, and its natural color. One day, I fully intend to devote an entire post to my hair's ridiculous journey. There will be many pictures and, in the end, I think you will understand why my hair's current state provides me with so much joy.

3) The kids I work with actually seem to be enjoying my fitness club more than I had even anticipated. Most of them seem very interested in their own health. I've been impressed by their enthusiasm. It makes my awesome job awesomer.

4) I am a daughter of my loving Heavenly Father who plays an active role in making my life better than I ever could, left to my own devices. I also always know where I can turn for a deep peace and true joy that doesn't fade. If you are wondering what I'm talking about, please visit mormon.org . Without a doubt, this is my greatest source of happiness and comfort.


"At times when we may feel to say, 'Hope you know, I had a hard time,' we can be assured that He is there, and we are safe in His loving arms."


5) I'm also daughter to my amazing parents here, who are letting me bum off of them a little longer so that I can save money. I am also sister, granddaughter, niece, and cousin to a large group of people that never let me doubt how much they love me.

6) I have a car that works. His name is Bruce and he never fails to get me where I need to go, be it Denver or only a couple of blocks. Bruce is a rockstar of a vehicle.

7) One of my biggest stresses lately has been the fact that I no longer felt as though the educational path I was pursuing was where I was supposed to go.  However, I have a new plan that I'm feeling pretty good about. Having clear goals helps me to be more relaxed and get a better grip on things. So, while beginning to execute this plan and starting on a whole new track is bound to cause some bumps, I'm getting excited.

8) Some inspired genius created the elliptical machine so that gimps like myself can still get a great cardio workout.

http://www.the-exercise-bike.com/2011/02/26/elliptical-4/


9) I have contacts. My glasses are dopey enough that I count this pretty high up on my list-o-joy.

10) People like yourself are actually reading, and, dare I say, enjoying this blog that I mainly created for myself. I still have a small heart attack every time I check the stats for my site and see that someone other than me has visited my page within the last 24 hours. So yes, you are included on my list-o-joy.

2 comments:

  1. i love it steph! and you! Thank you so much for everything. I think you can basically read my mind...when you post stuff on your blog it is always the right thing I need to hear. In fact you always say and do everything that just is the exact right thing I need to hear our see at that moment... seriously! Thank you so much!! You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to hear more about #2!

    ReplyDelete