3.17.2011

Day 74

Calories burned at gym this morning: 426

I had some extra calories left over at the end of today. I decided to use them to treat myself to a sugar free chocolate mint frozen shake from a local place called Charlie's. So delicious that it made my toes curl. I was treating myself to some on the ride home in the dark. I didn't realize this was a bad idea until I got home and looked down at the front of my shirt. I'm not certain I've gotten that much food on me while eating since I've been out of a high chair. Seriously. What a slob, eh? The worst part is that I didn't even really care. I was still in a chocolate euphoria.

I have also been overcome by the urge to play frisbee.

Just throwin' that thought out there.

I was talking to Tressa yesterday, and she invited me to join her at this upcoming annual event:



I've seen pictures from friends who have gone in the past, and I've always thought it looked like some crazy fun. However, conservative Mormon girl that I am, I hesitated a bit when it was enthusiastically compared to Woodstock in this video. In my mind, Woodstock evokes images of hordes of dirty, drugged up hippies, living out their "free love" dreams in the mud while guitar riffs echo in the background. Aside from the guitars, I've never been big on any of that. In my mind anything associated with Woodstock is immediately scribbled in the "Sketchy" column. That being said, I'm all about celebrating the good in other cultures and beliefs. I didn't see any naked or drugged up people in the movie. Their temple looks beautiful and I would love to see it. And the color throwing part looks completely awesome. I think I'm going to attend this year's planned festivities.

2 comments:

  1. I love the color festival!!! I've been the last two years and I'm going this year. You should go! It's really cool. There are some weirdos but also a lot of cool people and it's just FUN oh man I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete