3.10.2011

Day 67

Calories burned running this morning: 342

Running can be miserable sometimes. One way to lessen the misery factor and increase the fun, is to add music to the mix. I recently discovered that it is against the rules in most marathons to have headphones in because then people get hit by cars. So, I guess when I actually become competitive I'm going to have to learn to train without music, but for now, it's the only thing that keeps me going sometimes.

I spend a great deal of time listening to my old stand-bys, however, I've discovered that running also makes me like a few songs that I normally don't really listen to.

Here are some of my recent favorites. It should also be noted that I enjoy different songs at different times. Some are great to get me warmed up, some are great to haul my buns of flabby steel to the end of my run.

Dashboard Confessional - Reason to Believe "My capillaries scream. There's nothing left to feed on." (This one came on while I was struggling on today's run and made me laugh)




Just What I Needed - The Cars

Radar Love - Golden Earring


You're All I Have- Snow Patrol

Go Your Own Way - Fleetwood Mac

Tubthumping - Chumbawumba

7 Minutes In Heaven - Fall Out Boy

Footloose - Kenny Loggins

A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More "Touch Me" - Fall Out Boy (Until now, I hadn't listened to this band of my own volition since high school)

Seven Deadly Sins - Flogging Molly

Tell Her About It - Billy Joel

Anny Molly - Incubus

Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns N' Roses

A Little Less Conversation (JXL Radio Edit Remix) - Elvis

Dustland Fairytale - The Killers (This is a song that I love whether I am running or not. Fantastic.)



Movies - Alien Ant Farm

Desperately Wanting - Better than Ezra


That's what is on constant rotation on my iPod at the moment. What are your favorite songs to get you moving?

3 comments:

  1. So true! Music is a great motivator/distraction from my brain getting complaints from my entire body. "why the heck are you doing this to yourself?" Ok but seriously your comment made me laugh on my last post. I was totally talking about you being rude about that tech guy. NOT! You are so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Music really does help. The results of a study stated that those who work out with music (opposed to those who don't work out with music) work out 10% harder and longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say, I was so happy to see Dashboard and Flogging Molly on there... both bands, I've seen live. I like the screamo music because sometimes I feel like screaming a lot, and because I start to focus more on what they are singing about and trying to sing about (cuz it's not always easy to understand) and it takes my mind off of what I'm doing.

    ReplyDelete