2.25.2011

Day 54

Calories burned this morning: 415

Have you ever had one of those days when things just work out? That was today.

I did some yoga and meditation this morning. I never really thought of myself as a yoga kind of girl. That is probably because I'm not. My muscles are incredibly tight right now and I am not flexible at all. I finally found a program that has some stuff that is beginner enough for me. Of course, they have to say (seriously, this is an exact quote form the video), "This is an ultra altered version of this position." And yet, in that ultra altered position I still was struggling to straighten my legs. It burned to the point where my eyes watered. But I still did it, because I know it will be good for me in the long run. I also did some yoga breathing exercises. I know it sounds hokey, but breathing exercises are fantastic. Sometimes I do one really simple one with the kindergarteners that I work with to help them calm down and focus, and they love it. All you do is sit up straight and put the palms of your hands on your stomach. Then take ten very deep and slow breaths through the nose, putting down one finger every time you breathe. Try it right now. Really. It's even better if you can close you eyes and concentrate completely on you breathing for just the amount of time it takes you to do the ten deep breaths. If you like that, then look up other yoga meditation and breathing exercises. They help me to relax and be in a better mood.

Of course, if that kind of yoga isn't for you, there is always laughing yoga. It makes everyone happy.


It is really hard not to laugh with (at) that guy.

Now, assuming you are in the Rockies, I'm going to wish you a happy snowed in weekend. Enjoy it! Netflix it up. If you are anywhere else, I hope you have an awesome time as well. Just don't get too jealous of the twenty thousand and a half feet of snow we're working on, and I won't get too jealous of your tan.

No comments:

Post a Comment