2.21.2011

Day 50

Weigh in day! Great news! I am down 4 more pounds from last week! That makes for a grand total of 28 pounds! Basically, I've lost the equivalent of one hefty toddler. Anyone who has ever carried around a toddler for long enough knows that you certainly notice when you set them down.

That being said, I'm not getting too attached to those last few pounds I've lost. Unfortunately, I lost them while I was sick and not exercising. It is likely that some of that weight is lost muscle. If I end up with a small gain this week, I'm not going to bash my head against the wall over it.

Buuut, I am sure looking forward to being able to say that I have lost 30 lbs. That is enough for those weight loss commercials that are constantly lying to people! Sweet!

Today I remembered that once upon a time I had a different blog. I never quite knew what to write about on that one and eventually just let it die in shame. However I did write one post nearly two years ago that I felt pretty good about.

So, it is with apologies to those of you who read my old blog, that I am reposting the contents of that post. Because it is still oh so applicable in my life:



 I think finding love can be compared to finding a perfect pair of pants.
http://www.boneshakerclothing.com/faq.html
 For some girls this is not hard at all. Some girls can walk into a store, and after eliminating all the ones that are the wrong size, or in other words just totally wrong for her, she can grab any style and it will work. Jolly good for her. Some girls just luck out and happen upon the perfect pair right after starting to shop. Cheers to them. Then there are us girls who spend a very long amount of time and ridiculous amounts of energy and resources trying to find a pair that are comfortable and make you feel good about yourself and that you just want to wear everyday. During this search it is very hard to talk yourself out of getting pants that almost fit. Maybe they're just a little snug around the waist. Maybe they're a little roomier than you'd prefer, but after all this shopping you just decide, screw it, the ones I really want don't exist, I'll just get these ones.
http://myerraticfashiontaste.blogspot.com/2010/11/
denim-ism-jeans-faux-pas.html
 But you just can't ever be completely happy wearing these pants. They are not comfortable, and the longer you wear them, the more they dig into you, or refuse to flatter you. Pretty soon you begin to resent the pants. It's their fault they aren't what you want them to be! But it was never completely the pants fault. Ya, maybe if they were a little more flexible it would be easier, but you knew what they were when you bought them.I don't want to settle for uncomfortable pants. Even though I'm lonely, and I would really love nothing more than to feel loved, it's just not worth it to me. So I will keep trying on pants, trying to find a pair that are everything I need, and maybe even several things I want.
http://www.funny-wedding-ideas.com/engagement-photo-ideas.html
And I will keep doing so until something changes. Because I know now that things can and will change.
I can feel it.



Since I wrote that post, several things have changed in my life. I am no longer so desperate and needy, for one thing. I've also "tried on" more pairs of pants. Obviously, none of them were the right fit. In fact, I'm fairly certain that one of the pairs of pants were lined with razor blades and sprinkled with lemon zest. You can imagine how well that went. 


With all that's changed, the basic idea is still the same. 


I love pants, but apparently I have a very difficult body type to flatter. 


Fortunately, I also love to shop. 

1 comment:

  1. I like this post. Congrats on the 28 lbs. That is amazing! I don't know why I was so lucky to find the perfect pair of jeans so soon, but I can tell you that there will be someone out there that will make you feel dang good! :)

    ReplyDelete