2.08.2011

Day 37

Calories burned at the gym this morning and shoveling the snow: 1230


I included my snow shoveling in there to demonstrate a point. When you have a kind of intense chore to do, don't look at it as a chore. Look at it as a great opportunity to work out. Shoveling snow added approximately 379 calories to my total burnage this morning. Shoveling in particular is a chore that I don't realize how much I'm working out until I have to take my coat off because I'm sweating while snow is falling on my head. It also helps that my family lives on an acre corner lot with two driveways and a super wide sidewalk. I never really appreciate any of those things in the summer, but as we get deeper into the winter, I'm thinking that I should take more time in the summer to stand back and say, "Dang, those are two conveniently sized driveways. It is also so kind of the city to provide sidewalks wide enough for the local retirement center to do three lane wheelchair races in."






http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/charleston/bagel-news-on-james-island/Content?oid=1607478
Pure evil in disguise

I had forgotten that the second Tuesday of every month is the day my gym provides free Einstein's bagels for everyone there. They also have a pizza night every month. Fortunately, I rarely go at night and bagels don't really tempt me. Doughnuts are a very different story. But, in the words of  Beatrice & Ira Freeman, "The bagel is an unsweetened doughnut with rigor mortis." To top it off, check out these stats: The average bagel with cream cheese has easily around 500 calories. The average glazed donut has close to 200. You can look that up. Yes, doughnuts have more sugars and are fried, but bagels are hyper condensed bread. It's like pressing 5 pieces of bread together as hard as you can and then leaving them on the counter until they're stale, at which point you naturally slap some sugared lard on them and chow down. Mmmm. Hungry yet, kids?
http://www.krispykremecoupons.com/donuts/krispy-kreme-donuts/index.html
Not as evil as you've been led to believe


There was a day last week when I was craving really unhealthy food like a dying man craves water in the Sahara. Specifically, I wanted BBQ and fries. So, I winged it. Now, I did try something with shredded chicken and light BBQ sauce, but I don't really recommend it. However, there was some good that came out of it when I got to thinking that one sliced baked potato is the same nutritional value as one whole baked potato. So, I sliced up one potato really thin. Then I sprayed a pan with Pam. Then I put the slices on the pan and sprayed the top of them with more Pam. Then I sprinkled some garlic and onion seasoning on it. Then I baked at around 435 for 10 minutes. The result was very satisfying. Thus, I recommend it!

Ignore the chicken blehg on toast sharing the plate with the tater deliciousness




Note: I can't figure out the formatting on this post to save my life. Hopefully it doesn't offend anyone too badly. Please laugh it off like I did and move on with your life. I decided that it is not worth my stress, so it is definitely not worth yours.


No comments:

Post a Comment