2.24.2011

Day 53

Calories burned at the gym/ shoveling today: 728

I stopped by Borders today to see if there were any super deals. There weren't many. But I did find a decent price on couple of cook books that I am excited to try out. I also encountered a book titled I Love Him. He Loves Her. My first thought was, "I was never notified that there was a biography written about me." I almost got it, but then I thought, "Why?" I mean, seriously. I've lived that book so many dang times and am currently working on it once more. What can I say? I have an absolutely incredible knack for picking them. Guys who want to fall head over heels need only assure that I fall for them first. They will then immediately find somebody else that they feel a fervent desire to go after for reasons even they don't fully understand. It's a gift, really. Possibly a super-power. I need to contact someone about a super-hero costume.

I was reminded today of part of the reason that I am chasing down this goal. I must confess that it is part vanity. My friend finally posted some pictures that have been held captive in her camera since November. Among those pictures was this little gem:

"Oh, yay! It's a birthday party! I just love bir... Oh. My. Gosh. What is that in the
 background?! Kill it with fire!!!!!!!"

Indeed, friends. That may be the most unflattering picture ever taken of me. Ever. While initially appalled, I soon switched to proud. I am now proud because I wore that green sweater just a few days ago. It is now baggy on me. I also know that the dreaded double chin is certainly in the process of shrinking. That is why I am posting that awful picture on the largest possible setting my blog offers. As proud as I am of the changes I have made from when this picture was taken to now, I know that the change will only become increasingly obvious from here. Although I am joking about this, as I look at this picture, there is a stab in my chest and my eyes are stinging and threatening tears enough that I have to look away. I don't really have the words ready to describe my feelings right now and the reasons behind them. As I have said before, this whole experience is an incredibly emotional one for me. With all that I air out on this blog, there are many intensely personal struggles that I am going through on my own. Someday I may feel comfortable enough to share them.

On a much different and lighter note, I want to share one of my favorite musical discoveries of the past couple years. There is a band (Well, mainly one guy and then his buddies here and there) called Boyce Avenue that have become famous by covering popular songs on YouTube. I love them because they take songs that I don't really like and turn them into songs that I love. Here are some of my favorites:






They've got quite a few of them, so if you like what you've heard, look them up!

No comments:

Post a Comment