2.14.2011

Day 43

Calories burned this morning: 340


I skipped the gym again this morning because I got my Netflix working, so I did some yoga. It did not feel good while I was doing it, but after I finished, it was evident that there had been some serious stretching needed. My muscles had been super tight. They felt much better after yoga, and I decided to see just how loose I could get them after a trip to the jacuzzi. I was so relaxed that I almost fell asleep neck-deep in water.

Happy Valentine's Day to me.

I really hope that each of you takes some time today to either let someone else pamper you, or pamper yourself, or even both.

I am a sucker for romance. I'm going to tell you about the most romantic thing that I can ever remember a guy doing for me.

We were at his house, talking on the couch in his front room. As usual I was going on and on with some rambling, pointless story. This guy was the best listener I've ever met, so I felt pretty bummed when he seemed distracted during my story and kept glancing out the window. Thinking I must be the most dull person on the planet telling the stupidest story in existence, I hurried and wrapped it up. He then laughed with me and told me to stay right where I was and he'd be back. I was very confused as I watched him run into the kitchen to grab something before running outside. About a minute later he came back through the front door with one hand behind his back, as the other set down a pair of scissors. He had me close my eyes. All of the sudden I smelt the sweetest smell my nose has ever encountered. I opened up my eyes to see a gorgeous, large pink rose. He said, "I saw it out the window. It was the last truly beautiful rose on the bush, so it reminded me of you."

Putty in his hands, friends. It was at that moment that I was officially a lost cause. I dried that rose and kept it for years, long after our relationship had ended. I left it in my room the first time I moved away from home, and came back to find it gone.

Like I said, I love romance, and I also find nothing more enjoyable than a good story. Thus, romantic movies are very much my thing. To help get you in a Valentine's mood, here are some of my favorite clips from love stories:



































 If you still aren't feeling the lovey vibes, and you insist on wallowing in misery on this day, then first of all I have a question for you. Why? I just don't get it. Why make a conscious decision to be unhappy? However, for you folks, I'm going to throw in some "single's awareness" worthy clips, to remind you why sometimes single hurts less.
















So, no matter how you choose to spend the day, make it happy.

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie! I absolutely LOVE this post! So many of these are also my favorite romantic scenes :)

    ReplyDelete