2.17.2011

Day 46

I am sick. I skipped the workout today and am just not eating as much. This is not hard because I am not hungry.

I woke up after a full night's sleep, feeling like I hadn't slept at all and I have a gunky cold.

While there are many obvious downsides to this, there are two things that make it not as awful. The first thing is that it happened on a day where I don't work so I can just lie around, drifting in and out of sleep for the majority of the day. The second upside is that I discovered a Buffy marathon on tv.

Really, though, I should have seen this coming. Without fail, my body has its own way of warning me that I'm getting sick before any real symptoms show. I lose my clarity of thought, certain social inhibitions, and some control over my emotions. I could tell yesterday that something was off. There were many little things, but the most notable was during work yesterday there were some incidents involving disrespectful and inappropriate behavior towards a guest and I actually laughed. Normally, these were not things that I'd laugh at, inside or out. I was pretty frustrated with myself. When I got home I cried for no reason. It was also obvious to anyone who read my post yesterday that I could not think clearly enough to come up with anything to write about. Am I really the only one who goes all Jekyll and Hyde when I'm getting sick?

http://www.taryncoxthewife.com/?p=4537


Unfortunately, my head is still in a big, fat fog, so I really am struggling to come up with anything else to write. Don't touch that dial, though, because I promise to be back to our regularly scheduled semi-witty rambling posts as soon as I shake this funk.

Sorry about the whine-fest. Somebody build a big-a snowman in my honor, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment