5.26.2011

Day 143

First off, I had a bunch of friends move into a house that is round for the summer. It is called . . . (wait for it) the Round House. Expect it to come up in posts throughout the summer, because it is going to be one happening place. On Tuesday, I ended my birthday by going over there for a toga party.


Unlike most kids our age who have toga parties (Toga! Toga! Toga!) we are members of the LDS faith, so the strongest drink we had was milk. We just hung out and watched Hercules. I also discovered that my camera has a smile detector. Seriously, I can set it so that my camera will automatically take a picture once it senses that someone is smiling. I tested it out with my buddy, Nate. We frowned, and then as soon as we smiled it took the picture.

Not the most flattering picture, but it knew the second I was smiling.
My camera has the capabilities to take over the friggin' world.

I have never been more impressed with a camera before. My camera is a genius. Imagine the possibilities this presents for photographing small children, who are notorious for frowning in pictures.

The biggest news, however, has to do with my new shoes and socks. I decided to be brave today and break in my new shoes on a 4.5 mile run with no tape. It payed off in a big way. My feet weren't nearly as sore as they have been after previous runs, and I had no blisters.

Then I sat down to calculate my time.

Then I checked my answer several times.

Then I texted Kelsey (Who was recovering from a couple previous runs this week), in shock.

Some of you may recall that I was pleased as punch just last week when I finally broke the 12 min/ mile average. I've worked long and hard to get that far, and I fully expected to work another month or so before I made any notable improvement on my speed.

Well, with the help of my new shoes and socks, I broke the 11 min/ mile mark today. I averaged about 10:50/ mile or 5.5 mph for 4.5 miles. I'm fairly certain that I have been given Hermes' shoes.

Dude could fly
To top it off, my iPod serenaded me with the perfect song in the home-stretch.


No comments:

Post a Comment