5.03.2011

Day 118

I just did 5 miles outside. It took me 1 hour 3 minutes, but I finished it without walking or stopping. That means I set about a 12 1/2 minute pace, or close to 4.7 mph.

I was going to do this one on the treadmill, because after my run on Saturday, I felt a little bit of soreness in my knee, which gave me some cause for concern. However, after I got up today and saw how perfect it was outside, I really couldn't resist.

This was one of those times when I ended up surprising myself. Before I ran, I built myself up in my head and convinced myself that I was going to be all over this 5 miles.

I duct taped my feet, set my Asics to "stun", and took off. Once I was out there I just let my mind relax and not focus on what I was doing. It wasn't until I was within the last mile that I got really excited.

As I came to a stop in my driveway, I couldn't believe that I'd actually just finished 5 miles. Just 4 months ago I couldn't even jog for a 1/4 mile.

To top it off, right as I was finishing up, this song came on my iPod:



What a stellar day.

No comments:

Post a Comment