5.24.2011

Day 141

I just finished baking this strawberry cheesecake:


Or, at least, that's the recipe I used. Only, I made mine with a chocolaty graham crust. I really wish that my camera was in working order, because mine turned out absolutely gorgeous, if I do say so myself. The recipe can be found here, but be warned, there is nothing remotely low-fat about it. I just made it now so that it can set overnight and be ready for my birthday.

Baking is something that I've really missed. I love making real comfort food. It used to be that when I'd get sad or stressed, I'd cook. I know for a fact that more than a few pounds were added to my frame due to that. Thinking about it now, I can see that running has been my replacement for that habit. I've been feeling kind of down lately, and ark-worthy weather has made running more inconvenient. So, it is the perfect time for an "off" day, where I can bake to my wee heart's content.

I hung out with Kelsey a bit today. She's so awesome. We swung by a local running specialty store to see if they had any recommendations for my blister predicament. The salesman brought something to my attention that had never occurred to me: 

Cotton socks are evil for running. 

Blisters need heat, friction, and moisture to form. Cotton socks hold in heat, have that stuff on the inside to rub against your foot, and they keep all your nasty foot-sweat right up next to your skin. Armed with this new knowledge, I have decided that I will be trying out some better socks.

You know you've reached the boring grown-up stage of life when you are excited to ask for socks for your birthday. 

3 comments:

  1. Just looking at the picture of that cheesecake made me gain 5 lbs.

    Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so yummy! Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had someone ask me how people obsessed with food stay fit. It's all about moderation. Sometimes during certain times of the month, a slice of cheesecake (in all it's cream cheesy glory) just makes me feel terrible, and others I'm able to enjoy it. I know that with your situation where you are going so hard core, a slice of cheesecake could be deadly, but just remember that even though you are trying to lose weight (and by the way, you look amazing!) it's okay to indulge a little here and there. It hurts my feelings so much when people bad mouth food- is that weird?

    ReplyDelete