5.04.2011

Day 120

Have you ever had a performer who just seemed to keep on showing up in different things that you watch? Then, suddenly, there's this moment of epiphany, when you realize that you have loved everything you've seen this performer in, and it dawns on you that it might just be the performer you love.

No?

I have.

His name is Neil Patrick Harris.


I can't remember how I was first introduced to this man of awesomeness, all I know is that I can't seem to get through a show or interview involving him without smiling.

The first thing I noticed about him, aside from being charming and clever, is that he is blessed with looks that even carvers of ancient Roman statues would have declared too perfect.

Ain't got nothin' on Neil

So, of course, he is openly gay. This fact slips past many people, though, because he plays arguably the most convincing womanizer in history on How I Met Your Mother.




Although he is a talented actor, that is far from the limit of what this man offers the world of entertainment. He is an accomplished Broadway singer, and has even hosted the Tony's. A few years back he teamed up with Joss Whedon (Creator of many other incredible things, including Buffy The Vampire Slayer.) to star in Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog. Those two together can do no wrong.




I recently discovered that he is also a card carrying magician. Yes, seriously. He's been the host of the Magic Awards for several years.




No matter where I see this man, he is always a snazzy dresser. Casual Friday for him is a dress shirt and slacks, but no tie.

Sharp dressed man.


I heard him mention in an interview that he would like to have his own variety show on TV. I would be his most dedicated viewer. I can only hope that his (my) dream comes to fruition. Until that time, I will just have to settle for stumbling upon random glimpses of this legend on various programs.

And I do mean random.


2 comments:

  1. As soon as you mentioned his sexual preference this quote from Doctor Who popped into mind: Donna: "Typical, all the decent men are on the other bus." The Doctor: "Or Time Lords." Bahahaha. That's great. Anyway, I loved this post, and you! You look fantastic! Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAVORITE.BLOG.POST.EVER!!!!

    I heart Neil!!! I'd so have a T-shirt with his face on it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete