5.21.2011

Day 139

I woke up yesterday, looked in the mirror, and for one of the first times in my life, I thought to myself, "That girl looks healthy."

Waking up this morning was a lot more difficult. My head was swimming in a funk. My friends had invited me to join them at the farmer's market, but I knew that I really needed to run this morning. It was both physical and mental. I set out on my run with my goal mainly being just to finish the 4 miles. I ended up setting a new personal best, averaging 11:45 mins/ mile, or just over 5 mph. After my run, my head felt a lot more clear, I had more energy, and I was happier. Then my friends and I went on a favorite local hike up to a spot called the Wind Caves. I'm feeling more surprised than anything, because my body really isn't sore. I feel incredibly tired, but my body is proving itself to be more capable than I've been giving it credit. I took pictures of the hike today on Tres' camera, since mine has developed ADD, and is having trouble focusing. I'm hoping to get those pictures and post them on here within the next couple of days.

So, that's where my body has been most of the day.

As for my mind . . . Well, I think Mr. Buble says it best.

1 comment:

  1. Michael Buble is my favorite! The only song I like better than Haven't met you yet is Everthing. Aw! Love it!

    ReplyDelete