5.05.2011

Day 121

So, there's this spot on my back right above my hip on my right hand side that has been sore for the last few weeks. I didn't think too much of it, at first, but now it's not going away. I'm thinking I either somehow managed to pull a random hip muscle (We'll refer to it as "pulling a Shakira"), or there is a flaw in my kidneys. I've just been able to work with it, so far. It hasn't been a big deal.

But then today happened.

On this beautiful spring day, the plants are all doing something like this:




This means that I am inclined to remove my eyes and nose from my face for awhile.

While I was coming to the end of my 3.5 mile run today, I began to sneeze. Then I sneezed again. And again. Each time it felt like I was being sucker punched right where my back has been sore. I kept on sneezing for awhile after I made it back home, and the pain finally became bad enough that I was sick to my stomach.

I went to work today and there are just so many awesome opportunities to run. I don't like to pass them up, so I ran around quite a bit more at work. Every time that I would tell myself to stop, there would be some kid begging to be jailed in Cops and Robbers. Then there are the kids that will only come inside if you race them.

This means that I was walking around with my hand pressed on my lower back. So, of course, I was asked yet again if I am pregnant. No bueno.

I'm not in a lot of pain, I'm just quite uncomfortable. I've got a friend from work who wants to run with me, and we're planning on just 2 miles tomorrow, so I'm going to take it seriously easy for the rest of the night.

Today was far from a bust, though. We had a little Cinco De Mayo fiesta after work today, where I had a delicious bean burrito with fruit salsa. Then we did a cake walk with Starburst instead of cake. I love Starburst. I went ahead and had one. And, as always, between the kids and my co-workers, I was smiling at the end of the day.

Now, if you'll excuse me, this cantankerous old "pregnant" woman is going to go lie down.

No comments:

Post a Comment