5.13.2011

Day 130

The last 24 hours have been fantastic.


  • I spent last night watching Hairspray and (sigh) Thumb Wars with Nate and Jordon. I still love that movie (I am not referring to Thumb Wars, by the way). It also managed to trigger a conversation about how the guy who gave me my first kiss managed to miss my mouth and full on get my nose. That particular memory is guaranteed to get a smile out of me every single time.



  • I woke up this morning and did a two mile jog with Kelsey and Natalie, two of my awesome co-workers. It was so much fun to have company other than my iPod during a run. It was all the more better that this company was fun to talk to, after I got my breathing under control. Kelsey will be joining me for a 4 miler in the morning, and I'm really looking forward to it.



  • After our run we got to talking, and somehow came to the conclusion that I should have a party here at my parents' house for my birthday next week. This party will be kind of like a pot luck, only the food that the guests bring will be chosen off of a list of foods that I create. The food on this list will be things that I have been craving over the last few months. I'm excited for that, but I'm more excited to be surrounded by friends in my backyard, again. I haven't had a real party here in years, and I am one social lady. I'm honestly grinning like a fool just thinking about it.



  • Yesterday I'd worn my Chacos to work. I didn't think much of it until I tried to run and it felt like someone was using a power sander on my blisters. I just about lost my mind yesterday because it was a beautiful day and I actually felt like playing Cops and Robbers, for once. Standing on the sidelines was maddening. Today I made sure to bandage my feet and wear good socks with real shoes. Because of that, today went splendidly. I was chasing down kids, climbing up rock walls, going down slides, and giving underdogs like nobody's business. It was awesome. It was one of those days when I felt as though I was having as much fun as the kids around me.

  • After work, Kayla and I decided to have a spur of the moment outing to Wingers. People, I was so good . . . right up until the end. You see, I ordered a really light salad with grilled chicken on top. Our poor waiter seemed to be having a rough night. He kept on forgetting Kayla's extra ranch, and then they put the chicken for my salad on some chicken alfredo instead. He offered me the pasta for free, or the chicken with the alfredo sauce on it, and it pained me to tell him that I couldn't. I turned down free pasta. I was so proud of myself. Then Kayla suggested that since I had just had a very light salad and had skipped out on the pasta, we should split a dessert. I was sitting there debating the financial and caloric dilemmas this posed for me, when the waiter came to the table and told us, "Desserts on me tonight ladies." I took it as a sign. We didn't hesitate to order their amazing mint chocolate chip concoction. 
One big Asphalt Pie
  • Lastly, while at dinner, Kayla showed me some bruises on her arm that she said look like a vampire bite. I believe they more closely resemble the marks that would be left by a pygmy hippopotamus. She's convinced that she is a slayer and managed to stake the vamp right before it punctured her skin, thus leaving only bruises. I still think they look more like they were caused by trauma from blunt rather than sharp objects, thus I lean more towards the theory of an unfortunate encounter with a herd of pygmy hippos. Also, no vampire worth its weight would try to bite a person there. 
The bruises of questionable origin
So, an uncoordinated vampire


or a pocket-sized hippo?


We'll let you be the judge. In any case, she's my friend because we can have ridiculous conversations like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment