5.14.2011

Day 131

Awesome 4 miler and good, long chat with Kelsey this morning.

The pool is finally warmed up, so I took my first swim today. I think I'm finally excited for cross-training days now.

Blissfully went to get ready for the day. As I was getting in the shower I looked up and saw THIS :

Well, not this one exactly, but one of his big, ugly cousins

Somehow, seeing that thing when I'm naked makes things a thousand times worse.

I've known this day would come. I live in a basement and it's been a wet spring. These villains were just biding their time, getting bigger. I hate spiders. The only thing I hate worse than seeing them is killing them. I usually just vacuum them up. A lot of times I'll give them a slow death by hairspray. If I'm feeling brave, I might scoop them up on something and sprint to the toilet to toss them in. I never squish them with tissues, though. There's something about the crunch (GAG) that I just cannot handle.

My panic at discovering the spider brought about the natural thought process. As long as there are spiders, cupboards that are just out of reach, things that go bump in the night, knots in my back, and times when I just need a hug, the thought, "Gee, it would be nice to have a husband right now," will cross my mind. 

But, for now, that revolting, vile, awful, disgusting, contemptible, loathsome creature was hair-sprayed until paralyzed and then washed down the drain in boiling hot water at full blast.

Tell your friends, sucker.

4 comments:

  1. Lol. Oh my goodness! Once again it makes me laugh how alike we are sometimes. I'm surprised this was your first encounter. My first encounter with the spider kind happend a month ago and I've seen 5 since then! :( Fortunately for you the spider was in a visible place, my first spider was on my body wash bottle. I grabbed the bottle and the spider appeared, I screamed slipped/fell/jumped out of the shower landing on the floor covered in soap. Aw, good times, good times. Ever since then my soap stays locked in a drawer and comes with me to the shower so I never get shocked like that again. *Shiver* I HATE spiders!!!
    PS, I think your brave just for posting that picture. I can't look at it without my eyes tearing up and my heart racing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HATE spiders too! At the last place I lived at I think I lived in a lair of spiders because they were everywhere! Once, I left a pair of running shorts on the floor. As I was putting them on, I happened to glance down and noticed that a spider was hanging out in the liner. Not cool.

    Good job on the running!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha... I was like "no we did not chat this morning..." then I realized it's possible that you have another friend named Kelsey. And having a husband doesn't really come in handy when he's just as afraid of big spiders as you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember that one time when we were having a sleep over and we chased a HUGE spide around your bedroom with a can of hairspray screaming?!?! First thing that popped in my mind when I started reading this :) We ended up cornering it and spraying it to death. That little monster didn't have a chance!

    ReplyDelete