4.14.2011

Day 100

So, you remember how yesterday I was all, "Choose to be happy today!" blah, blah blah.

Well, karma is a funny thing.

I was promised a thunderstorm and instead was given this:

I heard one impressive bit of thunder. Then this.

I went to get the mail today and found this:

Smiling teeth of DOOM. I cannot over emphasize
 my disdain for going to the dentist.

As I was stretching out for my run, I realized that I have developed man-calves.

My camera didn't capture the definition very well, but I have a wicked flex line.
 Curse my bulky Scandinavian heritage!
Very easily queasy people jump past the next photo!


The curse of the blistering foot arches has returned with a vengeance. 


No bueno.
The last one in particular has the potential to really get me frustrated. Some of you will remember that I bought a new pair of shoes to fix this very problem. I'm really baffled by the entire predicament. This just seems like an odd place to get blisters. I'm going to try a big ol' band-aid for temporary relief. I'm also considering investing in some nice running socks, with the tighter part around the center. I am wide open to suggestions regarding this. 

BUT, I'm still happy at the end of the day. 

I completed another three miler this morning, at a decent run this time, with no complications other than the aforementioned lesion. This means that there are now two days marked off of the training chart that resides on my bedroom door.


 So, I'm one more step closer to that goal.

Now, it is not weigh-in day, but I have been fighting a private battle with the number "40" over the past couple weeks. I've been flirting with the 40 pound mark, but it just kept on slipping right past my fingers.

Today I stepped on the scale and I had jumped right over 40 to 41 total pounds lost.

Another ten pounds! That means it's time for another official progress photo shoot. I'm still working on getting the official ones to load, but hopefully they will be on here a little later tonight, or tomorrow.

Until then, here's a preview:


All in all, not too shabby of a day, and I'm still happy.

Take that karma.

4 comments:

  1. To the extent that a married man can say 'you look great,' you look great.

    Try duct tape on your feet where you get blisters...Don't call me crazy, just try it(obviously, let the blister heal first). It's cheaper than mole skin and works the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot Dang! You look way good Steph! 40 lbs. in 100 days is amazing! Also, I know how you feel with blisters, I get them way bad! Not fun. If you find a quick-fix let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph, you rock. I decided I was going to train for a 5k. Day 1 Schedule: walk 1 minute, run 1 minute. Repeat 10 x. Day 2 :rest Day 3 :rest. Then I got horribly sick and swore to never run again.
    Here you are, on day 100 and still going strong.
    You rock.

    ReplyDelete