4.18.2011

Day 104

Weigh-in: Well, I already spilled a few days early that I lost 2 pounds last week. Turns out that I didn't lose anymore. That's cool, though, because 2 pounds per week is right on course with my goal.

In other news, today I wanted pancakes. I swung by the store on my way home from work and picked up some sugar free syrup. Anyone on a diet needs this. Normal syrup dances around 200 calories per a 1/4 cup serving. The same amount of my sugar free is only 15 calories. I don't believe I need to elaborate further on that point.

After I got home, I flipped through my Hungry Girl cookbooks for a diet pancake recipe. I happened upon one for banana pancakes. I had everything that I needed, and they sounded fantastic, so I went for it.

Between making these and the ark-worthy weather outside, it was inevitable that a certain song would get stuck in my head.




Fab Five Banana Pancake Minis
From Hungry Girl 200 Under 200 Cookbook

1/4 C Whole wheat flour
1/4 C Mashed banana (About 1/2 of a banana)
3 T of Egg Beaters
1 T Light vanilla soymilk (I just used normal milk)
1/4 t Baking powder
1/8 t Vanilla extract
1 no-calorie sweetener packet (A couple teaspoons of Splenda or sugar)
Dash Salt
Dash Cinnamon


That is the original recipe. I doubled it because I was very, very hungry and short on calories for the day.


Mix dry ingredients in medium bowl.

Mix wet ingredients in small bowl.

Mix together well.


Drop 5 small blobs onto a sprayed pan.


Cook over medium heat until they begin to appear solid. Flip and cook for about one more minute.

Serve with sugar free syrup or light whipped cream.



The original recipe makes a respectable serving size for just over 180 calories, not counting syrup. They were just the right thing on this rainy day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment