4.04.2011

Day 90

This weekend I went off my diet in a pretty big way.

When I stepped on the scale today, I fully expected that I would be owning up to it.

I was shocked to find that I have lost one more pound this week.

Bodies are weird.

I've also got something like jet lag going on from this weekend's adventures. I have a sore throat, I'm groggy, and my mind can't seem to focus. I've decided to delay the chronicling of my latest adventures until tomorrow, so that I will hopefully be able to do them  more justice. I hope that no one hates me for all of these teasers.

After I went to class today, I came home, curled up on the couch and watched this:



This is my favorite movie. I watched it all the way through, but I figured I'd save you the trip and let you jump right to the ooey gooey ending. 
You're welcome.

Then I made some onion rings out of the Hungry Girl recipe book. They turned out delicious, so here's the recipe:

Lord of the Onion Rings 
1 large onion
1/2 cup Fiber One bran cereal
1/4 cup Egg Beaters
Dash of salt 
Preheat oven to 375  
Cut up onion into 1/2 inch slices and separate into ring clumps.
Put cereal into food processor and run until it is finely chopped. 
Put cereal into small bowl, and Egg Beaters into another small bowl. 
Dunk rings of onions into eggs, shake off excess, cover in cereal, and set on sprayed pan. 
Cook for 20-25 min, flipping halfway through.
I thought that these turned out really well. They are great because they compete with real onion rings, without being little grease sponges. Also, the old lady fiber cereal makes you feel full quicker and for longer. The recipe makes one huge serving, at only 153 calories. I could only eat half of it, though. I made a dip for it out of light mayo and ketchup, to make the traditional Utah "fry sauce".

The only drawback that I encountered is that Fiber One is stinkin' expensive. I'm going to try and do some research to find a suitable alternative that doesn't cost as much as a whole pizza.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE Fiber One.. Totally worth the money plus you can get it on sale with a coupon (yes im that lady.) for some pretty sweet deals!! Last time I bought it I bought 3 or 4 boxes at 1.25 each! Steal of a deal!! LOVE Hungry Girl!! She uses Fiber One in like everything and she rocks the food world!!

    ReplyDelete