4.07.2011

Day 93

Ssshhhh. Listen closely.

Do you hear that slight rustling?

That is the sound of me changing positions on the couch where I have been planted for the majority of the week.

I'm bordering on ashamed. However, the snow has been working in my favor as an excuse. So, thank you Mother Nature, you really came through for me this time. I owe you one. I guess I'll pick up a piece of litter or something.

This week has been spring break for the school I work at.

Aside from going to class and doing homework, I have been spending all of my time watching movies. I was on a Jane Austen kick earlier in the week, with Pride & Prejudice and Emma.

Then I watched Labyrinth. If you've ever had a severe fever and drifted between consciousness and some wild nightmares, then this scene may seem familiar to you.



Don't do drugs, kids.

I then went over to Tasha's last night to have a "princess movie night" with her and my old friend, Nicolle. We put in Tangled, but ended up in the kitchen talking for a few hours instead of watching the movie. That was totally cool by me, though, because those two are pretty high up on the list of people I love talking to.

Nicolle was trying to get Tasha's dog, Butch in the picture with us, hence the apparent mayhem.

I've been meaning to add Tangled to my permanent collection for the past week, so on my way home I picked it up and then had this conversation with my younger brother:

Me: You should come watch Tangled with me.
Bro: What's that?
Me: Um, it's a new movie. It's very funny.
Bro: Is that the DVD case? Let me see it. *grabs case* Are you kidding me?
Me: Seriously, it's a great movie! I saw it in the theater on a date, and the guy thought it was good, too.
Bro: Was the guy you were with a little... special?
Me: I'll give you half a bag of s'mores Goldfish, and share my caramel apple Healthy Pop stuff with you.
Bro: Just half a bag?
Me: It's what I've got.
Bro: Fine. That better be some dang good popcorn, though.

While he continued to protest during the movie, I believe that secretly he really like it. Very secretly.

Today I watched Toy Story 3 and the original Guess Who's Coming to Dinner with Katherine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy. This was the first time I'd seen either of them. Toy Story 3 was a great movie, and I have to fess up that it made me tear up a bit. Guess Who's Coming to Dinner was very interesting to watch from a social perspective.

Now I am starting into the 3 part series Tin Man from the Sci Fi channel. In general, I'm a big fan of adaptations from classic stories. The Wizard of Oz is one of my favorites. I dream of seeing Wicked, someday. Awhile back, I was looking for something completely different and stumbled upon a short movie called Heartless. I was amazed by how well done it was. I'm absolutely in love with it. Here's a trailer for it:



The teaser doesn't do it any justice, though. The whole movie is only 20 minutes long, so follow this link: Heartless movie, to watch it. I highly recommend putting it in full screen mode, sitting back, and taking a 20 minute vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment