4.13.2011

Day 98

Miles run today: 3

I ran three miles today. When I reached 3.00, I felt as though I could have kept on going.

That was a very good feeling.

Of course, a half hour after I finished, it would have taken a great deal to get me running again. I have blisters on the arches of my feet again. Oh Asics, you have let me down. I'm not completely sure what to do about this, other than to let calluses build up.

Oh, I just cringed.

I already chopped my toenails really short, because they were bothering me while I was running. This is not going to be a pretty summer for my peds.

Tres was in town tonight, so, for the second time in th past week, I went bowling with friends. When I went on Friday I scored a 56. I was looking to redeem myself with some stellar striking tonight. When I showed up I found out that we were doing jellybean bowling. You assign a different way to bowl to each color of jellybeans. Yellow might be to granny it, pink could be to lie down on your stomach and roll it, blue may be to use your non-dominant hand, etc. Before each turn you blindly pick out a jellybean and then do whatever the color dictates. I played that way all the time back in high school, and got pretty good at bowling backwards for awhile. That skill has faded greatly with lack of practice. We played boys vs. girls, and we of the fairer sex were put to shame. The bizarre bowling methods actually seemed to improve some of the men's skills.

Since it was $2 Tuesday, we played one more round, just normally.

I scored a 54.

I think my main problem is that I have no technique whatsoever. Every time I release the ball, it is the equivalent of a Hail Mary pass in football. I just kind of throw it out there and hope for the best.




It's only a matter of time, folks. I'm just that talented.

1 comment:

  1. go nikes. yes, more expensive than asics, but worthwhile in the end.

    ReplyDelete