4.16.2011

Day 102

Yesterday I had the choice between running 2 miles or cross training. I decided that it would be best to give my blistered feet a rest for the day, so i did 30 intense minutes on the stationary bike, instead.

After the gym, I went to class. The LDS institute on campus has a speaker come for an hour every Friday. I was sitting in church last Sunday and randomly had the thought that I should go to this week's Friday speaker. I'd been planning on going all week, but I had no idea who the speaker was until I was already in the auditorium. I was shocked to find out that the speaker was going to be a guy that I used to baby-sit for all the time. He and his wife and kids became like a second family to me as a teenager. I'd lost touch and hadn't seen them in years. 

I've always had the utmost respect for this man and his wife. They have been an incredible example to me in so many ways. He gave a talk that was exactly what I needed to hear, and really touched my heart. Right after the closing prayer I rushed up to say hi to them. After a lot of smiles and hugs, his wife and I made plans for a lunch date sometime soon. 

I really can't put into words how awesome of an experience that was. You're just going to have to trust me.\

About half way through work yesterday, I started noticing my brain short circuiting. I couldn't seem to focus on a single train of thought. That progressed into struggling to form a coherent sentence. By the end of work, I was tripping over every other word that struggled to leave my mouth. 

I was one hot mess. 

I couldn't help but laugh. I'm fairly certain I added at least five new words to the English language. For the life of me, I could not figure out why I was suddenly such a sad case. After work, I came home and decided to rest for a little bit, while watching a documentary (because that's how nerds relax.). I pulled up God Grew Tired of Us on Netflix, and settled in on my futon. 



It was a very interesting story, and normally I would have been completely involved in it. As it was last night, I fell asleep about half way through and was startled awake by a screaming African woman at the end of the movie. I got up to turn off my computer and take out my contacts before going back to bed. All together I slept almost 12 hours last night.

Basically, I think I has just reached the point of exhaustion without even recognizing it.

Aside from a scratchy throat, I'm feeling better today. So, now I'm off to run 3 miles and weight train.

No comments:

Post a Comment