4.28.2011

Day 115- Bonus Post

I completed my first 3.5 mile outside run. I did not stop or walk even once. I did slow down to what barely qualifies as a jog at a few points, but, all in all, that was about as legit as I get.

I completed 3.5 miles in 43 minutes. According to my calculations, I was averaging about 4.7 mph. Considering that outside running is more challenging than the treadmill, and the last time I attempted a mile outside, I ended up hurting, I would say that today's endeavor was definitely a success on all accounts.

Since today was a 3.5 mile training day, I used a nifty site that I just found to figure things out. It's www.mapmyrun.com and it is awesome. Another resource for those of you looking to start running, is a group on Facebook called The Couch to 5k Running Plan. It is an excellent place for anyone looking to ease their way into running.

No comments:

Post a Comment