6.18.2011

Day 159

Busy week! I just got home from my first full rodeo. Lauren and I went together and had a marvelous time.

The announcer and rodeo clown could use some help, though. The clown kept on yelling jokes up to the announcer in the booth who would kind of pass them on to us through the mic. Unfortunately, they didn't seem to realize that this had the effect of listening to one half of a phone conversation for three hours. Fortunately, the parts that I did get sounded like they were all racist or misogynistic jokes, so I don't feel like I missed out on much.

"Uh-huh. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Oh, yeah . . . . . . . . . . . . . So, how can you tell it's married?. . . . . . . . . Oh! laughter I don't think I can repeat that to them." 

For three hours.

That being said, the rodeo itself was a whole lot of fun to watch. There are some unbelievably tough men in the rodeo business. My favorite part by far was the mini-bull riding. It's just like the big bull riding, only with little kids and little bulls. 

I was very impressed.

In news that is relevant to my goal, my knees aren't hurting, and the swelling in my foot seems to be going down, so I'm planning on running again this week. I've had it recommended to me, from a fellow runner with knee issues, that I run barefoot on the grass as part of my training. Apparently, that helps your body to just naturally fall on the balls of your feet, rather than the heels, which eliminates a lot of the stress on your knees. 

Come Monday you can fully expect to see me frolicking barefoot through my backyard for around a half hour. I also have a hunch that I will be singing a certain song.

Oh yes, I am looking forward to it.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You haven't blogged in FOREVER! Where did you go? -Annie (Anonymous)

    ReplyDelete