6.02.2011

Day 150

So, I ran 7 miles today.

Well, actually I guess that I ran about 6 miles of it, and walked about a mile.

It was a very, very rough run. At almost half way, my knees started hurting. I would walk until my knees felt alright again, and then run until they hurt. My walking times became gradually longer and my running times began to decrease. Then, with about 2 miles to go, my feet skipped right past aching and were causing me a great deal of pain.

With about a mile left I seriously considered calling my mom to come pick me up. But, I couldn't quit. I knew that even if I had to walk home, I could live with myself better than if I just stopped. With just a few blocks left, my playlist on my iPod ran out and in the sudden silence I heard sobbing. I reached up to my face and realized that I was crying. That easily ranks as one of the most miserable moments of my life.

I think that it was more out of frustration than pain. A week ago today I had the best run of my life. Both of my knees were fine. Now, I'm not completely sure what to do. I'm taking some joint supplement pills. I also took some Aleve before my run. I'm going to get some water shoes and try running in the pool for physical therapy. Of course, I've got my two new black running buddies to assist me, as well.



That's all that I can think to do. That and pray.

Speaking of prayers, my friend, Jacie, went in for heart surgery today. I'm dedicating this video to her. I hope to see you laughing again in person very soon. Like, preferably tomorrow. Until then, I know this video made me laugh hard while I was completely sober. I can only imagine the wonders it will do with your loopy lortab mind.



Get well soon, love.

1 comment:

  1. is it sad that i own every single one of those movies and have watched them many many times....:)

    ReplyDelete