6.14.2011

Day 157

I ran 3.5 miles today. This was the first time in a couple of weeks, since my knees have been giving me problems.

My right knee didn't hurt at all during or after the run, but my left was just a bit achy during the run. I didn't time myself, but I figure that I just kept an easy pace, probably around 12 min/ mile.

Knee wise, I consider today to be a success. However, I have had an awful time after my run today, and I think that it is due to a few mistakes that I made.


  1. I started my run a bit after noon, when it was bordering hot outside. 
  2. I haven't been drinking enough water lately, and today was no exception.
  3. I slept in and just had a granola bar for breakfast, with nothing else before my run. This was after I accidentally skipped dinner last night. I also have not been eating very healthy foods for a few weeks now.

All of this added up to a migraine off and on through-out the afternoon, and I haven't been able to keep any food down all day, either. Also, I am very tired, even after sleeping half of the afternoon.

The great news with all of this, is that those 3 things are all choices that I can change for future runs. If my knees are back in the game, then so am I.

Boo-ya, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment